OUR MISSION

OUR MISSION - WE'RE PUBLISHED! Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 marked the Premier of our new book, Happy Hour in the High Peaks: An Adirondack Bar Guide. The hardcover, 160 page book can be found at bars and bookstores throughout the Adirondack Park or order online at www.happyhourinthehighpeaks.com. You'll find a list of our book signings on the Events page and where to buy the book on our Retailers page. The book contains reviews of 46 of our favorite bars in the Adirondack Park, and 46 drink recipes with an Adirondack twist. As a companion to the book, we have also published a 46er Passport so that you can follow the Happy Hour Trail to become a Happy Hour 46er and make new friends along the way. Summit Tour t-shirts will be for sale at our book signings or available online. Whether you are a native, resident, or visitor, you'll find 46 more reasons to visit the ADIRONDACK PARK!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Unable to blogcast live at Adirondack Pub & Brewery


Though not able to blogcast, we gathered a lot of information and had an enjoyable time. We started with a sampler and I made it a point to try each one. The Bobcat Blonde was not on the sampler, but was recommended by our contact, Laura. It was the perfect beer for me and I drank a whole pint! Kim took a brief tour of the brewery and I'm sure will comment on that. The Pub is now selling bottles of beer to take home. They offer clever tee shirts and pint glasses as well. They are planning to stay open weekends year round starting this year and I think they are making some followers very happy.

It's a great place to relax, talk, eat, etc. There was a lot to take in visually, with sleds and canoes and old photographs and stuffed bobcats found just within my view. I wandered outside to look around. The deck is huge and would have been most welcoming if not covered in several feet of snow. Note to self... revisit this place in the warmer months. I like a place that has a good outdoor venue. I have a terrific outdoor space at home, so it's a treat to find someplace as inviting as that. One thing I might find here that I don't get at home (besides the beer and the servers), however, is afternoon and evening sun.

I found a mixed drink special on their menu called the Adirondack Sunrise. It's made with Malibu Rum, orange juice and grenadine. Will try this one at home but I'm already thinking of "enhancements". It sounds like a summer drink that I could "winterfy" pretty easily.

Bottoms Up!
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment